Monday, January 19, 2009

Hello! Have We Met?

Next Sunday, C and I will have been married for six years. You would think that by now, he'd have a general idea of my likes and dislikes. But last night he seemed surprised when I declined to watch his most recent Netflix request, Death Race. Here is the Netflix description of Death Race:

"Jason Stratham stars in this futuristic thriller as Jensen Ames, an ex-con turned speedway champion who's framed for a grisly murder and forced to compete in a grueling three-day televised car race against his fellow inmates. Sitting behind the wheel of a monster car outfitted with machine guns, flamethrowers, and grenade launchers, Ames is in the race of his life - and the whole world is watching."

Car races that involve monster cars outfitted with machine guns, flamethrowers, and grenade launchers? What would make C think that this would sound evenly remotely appealing to me? But for some unknown reason, C also mistakenly believes me to be lusting after Jason Stratham. In truth, I think it may be C that is lusting after Jason Stratham. (By the way, this was also after he offered me some of his "scrapple"). At this point, I have to assume that he must be confusing me with his other wife.

No comments: